Tuesday 8 May 2018

April Highlights




What a month, we've had monsoon rains and winds all the way through to summer heatwaves. April is a big month in this household as it's Luke's birthday. We used to go away every year for our birthdays as they are only two weeks apart but since I was pregnant last year and moving house we ended up just going out for dinner. So this year we wanted to have a family dinner party to celebrate. Eva turned 9 months on the 10th of April and so has officially been out longer than she was in. She's just such a joy to be around. Watching her personality come out and seeing how reserved she can be in social situations has been wonderful this month. She is yet to master the crawling but she is definitely getting there! I really enjoy these kinds of posts as its nice to reflect on what you have done in a month especially on days like today when you aren't even planning on getting out of your pjs. So here it is, my favourite things this month!




Memory highlight 

I’ve been wanted to visit Arundel for years ever since I had to take a very elongated detour back from London one day. (thanks southern rail) And we’ve never found the perfect day. However Luke was off on his Wednesday and it was sunny so we packed the baby up and headed off. We had such a fun time exploring a new town. It felt great to get out of Brighton for a few hours and be tourists in a place that was basically on our doorstep. We had a fantastic burger, the baby charmed the locals and we vowed to come back soon.


Baby buy highlight 

Since Eva was born I’ve been looking for a perfect nappy barrier cream. After trying basically all of them I’ve finally found children’s farm. This barrier cream has worked amazingly and for the first time in months we have no nappy rash issues. A little goes a long way with it and I’ve stocked up. It’s also under £4 which is a brilliant price point.


Beauty buy highlight 

I’ve read so many reviews about the Alpha - H liquid gold and how it’s the most amazing product. I’m always a little sceptical about things that are being massively hyped up as being a big marketing ploy by the brand. But it has really helped to even out the pigmentation on my face and definitely increased its brightness. I’m still early on in using it but it’s definitely a new favourite.


Clothes buy highlight 

This month I’ve been trying to minimise how much I spend on clothes. I’ve decided that I want to buy a few items a month that will go with items I already have to make a full outfit. My wardrobe is full of items I bought, wore once and haven’t wore since. So this jumpsuit is perfection. I spotted it on the Zara website and by the time I got round to checking out it had sold out. Which put me in such a bad mood. Then I was in the sparkly new store in Brighton and there she was, one left in my size! I adore it, it’s so flattering and is going to be wore constantly whenever this weather decides to perk up.


Food highlight 

It was Luke’s birthday last week so we had some family round for dinner, dessert and wine. As some of the guests were vegetarian I had to make a fish dish which is a good I love but rarely cook at home. I found this recipe on BBC good food for a classic fish pie. It was surprisingly easy to do and honestly tasted amazing. I have no shame in admitting that I had seconds and potentially thirds. The best bit about this recipe is that Eva could have some and I’m going to make it and freeze it for some dinners for her. Here is the link

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig