Thursday 15 March 2018

March Skin Care Favourites


                                        4517733E-50BF-4212-B1A2-D7DC3851C65C.jpeg

If there is two pieces of beauty advice my mum imparted on me it was ; look after your teeth and moisturise your skin. Well I have recently had a filling on the teeth so I'm failing slightly on that one but I do like to think I am obsessive with moisturising my face. Back when I was 16, this meant using a bottle of Olay which lasted about a year. Those were simpler times. Now every lotion claims to be a miracle cream, there is an apparent need for a fully fledged schedule of products and specific times to use them for best results. I'm sharing the products I love at the moment to give an honest view on what’s worked for me. As I like to change products all the time but these are the core four that I use all the time.



                                                    AEFB1EBD-1288-4C3A-B100-BE18D16727D7
Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic
My first product that I use daily is the Liz Earle Instant Boost skin tonic. I combine this with the cleanse and polish wash but I love this tonic. There’s a reason why it’s got a 4.9 stars and over 1500 reviews on Liz Earle’s website. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean as well as a visible boost. A lot of toners can leave my combination skin feeling quite tight which is why I’ve hesitated to use one before. However this one is delightful and has definitely helped to improve my skin quality. It’s £15 for a 200ml bottle which lasts agesssss and is available here
                                                         0E51C504-CAFF-4118-8BC8-F4525749D28F
The ordinary lactic acid
This new addition to my beauty bag. I love the ethos behind this brand, which is that it’s all about the science behind the skincare rather than the fancy packaging and branding that consumers are often end up paying for. Most of the items are around £6 meaning that it’s affordable too. I’ve been using this lactic acid for over a week now and it’s become my favourite product. It’s a nice consistency and goes on smoothly, sinks in really well. It has a slight smell but isn’t stingy on application. I bought it to focus on pigmentation from spot scars and it’s already helping that as well as reducing my pores. I’m going to do some more research into their other products to invest in. It’s £5.80 for a 30ml bottle and is Available here
                                                      E9A38536-7F39-4699-BDC0-5AE91F821981
Origins super spot remover
This was a late night, panic purchase after reading a Cosmo article on how to reduce chin spots. This was during a very spotty phase and I’m a sucker for any miracle products. It’s the tiniest bottle so I was worried I’d been robbed of £15. However I had a blunder of a spot so I dabbed it with a tiny amount of product three times on the first day. Now it did sting a bit going on and I found it left my skin quite tight. However the next day the spot was significantly reduced and much less inflamed and swollen. By day three it was gone and with no scar left behind. I’ve been dabbing a bit of the gel on my chin at night as this is my problem area and fingers crossed I haven’t had a spot in a week! It’s £15.50 for a 10ml bottle Available here
                                     49BAD97A-B9B3-4781-B439-6307B9ECA8C2.jpeg
Liz Earle Superskin moisturiser
Just before Christmas I had horrible dry skin which I’ve never experienced before as I’m more on the normal to oily side. My usual moisturiser was doing nothing to hydrate my skin so I took a trip to the Liz Earle counter to seek advice and samples. The super skin rage is gorgeous and unlike some hydrating moisturisers which can be greasy on your skin, this one is super light. Only a little bit is needed so I’ve barely used any in three months. At £40 it is an investment but I find I don’t need to moisturise twice a day with it as it’s so nourishing. It’s £39 and is Available here
Thanks for reading my current beauty favourites! What are your spring essentials?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig